Monday, December 17, 2007

One Man's Wierd is Another Man's Jewel

From Proverbs

“Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” Proverbs 30:31

My friend was excited because he was going to have lunch with a girl he was interested in. This evening he was telling me how it went. He said he couldn’t believe how beautiful she was. So I asked him if she was cool (easy to talk to), and he said, “she’s cool.” So far so good. But then he says, “it’s a shame I’m going to have to cut her loose (not pursue her anymore).” “Why?” I asked. “Because when I asked her about Church and stuff she said ‘I go every now and then when I have time.’” He’s like me, looking for the kind of girl that is so religious that people think she’s weird.

“Who can find a good wife?” Proverbs 31:10

0 comments: